Sunday 8 June 2008

Better Late Than Never.

So a whole year and a half into my poker experience i'm finally starting a blog, I probably haven't bothered with it in the past because to be frank I just didn't play often enough to warrant it.

So why now?


It pretty much stems from the week i've had, I'm really pushing myself to play and get over my fear of losing and stop using work or being tired as an excuse not to play.

This week i've played less than 2k hands, which is a really small amount compared with some, but for me as a 2 tabling bankroll nit it's a breakthrough, and more importantly it's gone well and I finally see some potential and the money making possibilities it can have. Needless to say I fully expect to get brought back down to earth next week :)


So whats changed?


Three things happened this week to that have pursuaded me to do a blog and also changed the way I play for the better.

1) TwoPlusTwo and in particular the uNL brew, I have a lot of time and respect for those guy's and I feel a part of their community, I would go as far as saying their extended family, strange family, but family all the same. Reliable, funny and a great help when things aren't going well.

2) Ryan Fee's book, it's no overstatement that i've been wanting something like this for a long while, a book that gets you thinking outside the box, more on opponents,feel and where were at in a hand. Great work Mr. Fees.

3) Last but no means least, I picked up on something Thac said in a thread and although it was probably something a lot already knew or didn't pick up on, it changed my game when it had no direction and I was grinding out a small profit playing autopilot, and for that I thankyou.

No comments: